Meet CoolAcid - God Department

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

Some people know I didn't go to work yesterday, and instead of repeating it a thousand times, I'll just make a quick blog entry.

Tuesday night around 8 pm my wife had her first contraction, and as we were told, it happened every hour after that for a few hours. Fortunately, we were asleep for most of the following. 7am the next morning we awoke since it was time for me to go to work. At this time we were looking at contractions every 30-45 minutes.

Knowing she had a doctor’s appointment at 2:45pm we were not concerned and I was off to work. In my defence, I have a major project that needed some attention including a meeting to help clear up some last details, and I really felt I needed to be there, besides, I'm only 35 minutes away, and everyone wouldn't have minded me dropping everything and running. I was also half day.

The doc was actually on time, and she was the last to be seen so it went quick and smooth. A few quick tests showed that she was indeed having contractions and dilated to 3cm. This is good! I'm going to be a dad (Yes, scary I know).

About 11:30pm that night she was down to about 2-3 minutes apart. We waited a bit longer then the suggested 5min since we didn't want to burden the poor nurses again with false labour. (We have been there enough that I know how to hook my wife up to all the usual equipment). We called ahead, to inform them of our impending arrival and they confirmed that the sound of my wife’s voice indicated she was indeed having contractions.

We arrived at the OB ward in about 15 minutes or less (we live about 5 from the hospital). Hobbled into the room and waited for the nurse. Quick check of temperature and blood pressures were normal. She gets hooked up to the monitor. Baby’s heart rate is good, but it doesn’t show anything on the contractions scale! We have the sensor moved to a more prime spot to check and then…. Nothing. They stop. Period.

A few more hours at the hospital to keep an eye out, and a threat that they were going to keep her, but she would have none of that. Around 3am and were back at home, snuggled into bed for a long sleep, I have work in the morning.

I didn’t go to work; my wife was so tired and upset about the previous night. There were some minor contractions though out the day but nothing that said our baby was coming. It’s cold and wet here in town, and we really needed my wife to walk around abit to help the contractions along so we have been to all the malls and big box stores and know every item they have. We’re back on the waiting game but soon, my friends; there will be another dad on this earth.


© Meet Gavern - Free Joomla! 3.0 Template 2021