So I have a need for a encrypted disk - as a loop back file. I wrote earlier on how to restore a partimage backup to loopback, so lets see if we can make this work.
- We need to tell the kernal how to encrypt disks with a module
- Create the loop file (like before, but with urandom to help hide the disk, the count is MB*1000 so in this case 1M)
- Create the loopback device (I'm going to use TwoFish)
- At this point, you will be asked for a password - create your own
- Create the file system of choice (ext3 for me)
- Mount the new loop back point /dev/loop0