Ok - so as some of you know, I'm a Joomla! developer.
As part of my job, I have to goto our tracker to lookup and/or mark details on bugs. It's a bit of a pain to:
- Goto joomlacode.org
- Goto the Joomla Tracker
- Find the bug to work on
- Read bug
I was hoping to find a faster way. IE comes to the rescue - well, sorta. I remember adding a PHP tag to IE so long ago that allowed me to do php searches against the php.org site faster. I wondered if I could do the same, in FF against J!Code?
- Click on Bookmarks
- Hover over Quick Searches
- Right click on any of the items
- Select 'New Bookmark'
- Type in a name for the book mark
- Location will be: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=%s
- Create a keyword (I used jcode)
Now, in my URL (ALT-D) i just type 'jcode trackerid' and I'm off to the races!
Of course, you can use this trick for any site/project - but this was what I wanted it for.